Saturday, January 20, 2007

J Lohr Cab, my first love!

My first post is devoted to one of my favorite wines—the J Lohr Cabernet. It is big and bold and full of fruit and cask oak. This Cab’s taste is so smooth and almost creamy.

I used to frequent a wine bar Fermentations in Seaside, Florida. The J Lohr Cab was a house wine and while I sampled many different wines at this bar, I could not go long without having a glass of J Lohr. Fermentations served tapas styled appetizers and their specialty was a smoked trout dip served with artisan crackers. There is no better paring in the world than that cab and the dip! A sip of the creamy, oak kissed Lohr complimented the smoky creamy taste of the dip. What a way to spend the day on the emerald sea and snow white sand! I so do miss those days.




J Lohr Cabernet


Color/Appearance: 5

Nose: 4

Taste: 5

Consistency: 5

Overall: 5

No comments: