Monday, January 22, 2007

Renwood Zinfandel


It’s been just the past three years that I’ve really gotten into zinfandels. I became hooked after a friend pointed me to Amador Valley, an up and coming zin region in Northern California (I will have a post on Amador in the future). Now when I shop for wine, I always look for zinfandels from Amador. One that I have found is Renwood. The Renwood is full of fruit and is fully accessible. There is very little bite or alcoholic after taste. I enjoy it as an after dinner treat.

On of the things I enjoy most about Renwood (and most Amador wines) is its obscurity. I love surprising friends with a glass. Most are shocked by the quality and flavor for its appellation. If you get a chance to try the Renwood Zin, or any other Zin from Amador, do it!



Renwood Zinfandel

Color/Appearance: 4

Nose: 4

Taste: 4

Consistency: 4

Overall: 4

No comments: