I wanted to share something that I ran into on a NPR news story. Unfortunately, I live about as far away from this shop in
After hearing about Salumi, an artisan store, I became very interested. If you take a look at their web site, you will that they take an avant-garde approach to their cured meats. For two of their offerings, they blend cross culture techniques and ingredients for what seems like something completely new--the prosciutto style cured leg of lamb and the Mole Salami.
Lamb and prosciutto are two of my favorite things. I often say that government should add prosciutto to the list of daily recommended item needed in a diet! Prosciutto is a meat curing process normally performed on ham. The result is a dried, slightly salty meat with a spiced taste. How will the rich taste of lamb lend itself to this process? I can only guess and hope one day to enjoy.
The Mole Salami is named after and uses the Mexican spice tradition of mole. Mole is a sauce made of a blend of spices and Mexican chocolate. Salami as we know it is cured with spices and wine native to
The rest of the offerings seem to be just as rewarding to partake of. I have to plan a trip out to the Northwest!

1 comment:
Wow! I don't even eat most meats and you make them sound delicious!!!! Sounds like Renard and I need to make a trip out to Seattle!
Post a Comment